Hello Friends of the CCCC,
For those of you joining us for the first time, WELCOME! For those of you who have joined us before, WELCOME BACK! Last season we had close to 200 CCCC members in our 8 ensembles. We are excited for our upcoming SPRING season to begin and would love to have you join us.
Here are some of the exciting highlights of what this season holds:
- The CCCC will host the 5th annual Choral Festival at UNLV’s Ham Hall. Last year over 250 singers from 8 different ensembles joined us in this event. This year’s theme is “Turn the World Around” and will feature guest conductor Claudia Bigler, recently retired director of the Box Elder High School Choral Department, and current director of the Cache Children’s Choir in Logan, Utah.
- Members of our CRESCENDO & CAPPELLA ensembles will tour the Washington DC as ambassadors of the CCCC.
- Our Capo & Caprice members will hold a Kodaly Showcase for their families and friends at the conclusion of the season.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1. Click Here for our detailed Ensemble Breakdown (to guide you to which ensemble is best for your child). When you know which ensemble(s) you need you are ready to register.
- Capo – Pre school (4 and 5 year olds only)
- Caprice – Kindergarten
- Cadet – 1st Grade
- Concert – Second Grade
- Crescendo – 3rd – 6th Graders
- Cappella – 7th – 12th Graders
2. Click here for our Attendance Contract. Please complete one attendance form for each student participating. This should be printed, signed, and brought to your first class/meeting where we will collect them.
3. We will hold a MANDATORY PARENT MEETING Tuesday, January 17th in conjunction with the start of official rehearsals/classes. Please do not carpool that evening. Onsite registration will begin at 5pm and the parent meeting will begin once that is completed. Rehearsals will be combined during that evening. The detailed information about that meeting will be included in the “Welcome to the CCCC” email sent January 14th to those who have registered. A few of the items that will be covered are:
–The season calendar & ensemble schedule
–Parent Help/Volunteering (we always love help)
–Spring Tour to Washington DC
4. Our calendar is posted on our website: http://www.clarkcountychildrenschoir.org/calendar/
**Please note: We will always update the calendar on the website as well as notify members via email when anything on the calendar changes.
5. The CCCC Board feels strongly that music should be open to everyone regardless of financial situation. Our low $75 donation per singer is unprecedented, and we ask that you donate this amount for each participant. This fee includes all uniform RENTAL fees (shirts, skirts, ties, vests, scarves, necklaces, etc.), an ensemble T-shirt, as well as any anticipated concert/showcase fees. This is a one time fee for the ENTIRE season. (Most children’s choirs of the same caliber cost between $300 – $1000 a season.)
As part of the “Welcome to the CCCC” email we will include information for you to pay by PayPal if you prefer to pre-pay in this manner. If you are more comfortable you may choose to bring your donation (via check or exact cash) to our season’s orientation rehearsal.
IF YOU FEEL YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION CANNOT ACCOMMODATE THIS, PLEASE SPEAK WITH A MEMBER OF THE CCCC BOARD WHO WILL ASSIST YOU WITH FUNDRAISING OPTIONS OR A PAYMENT PLAN.
6. FINALLY….. We post all registrations electronically. This allows us to have time stamps if a ‘first come, first served’ situation arises in our classes. Simply click below and fill out the registration information. Please submit the form for each participating child! Upon successful submission a small message pops up telling you to watch for your “Welcome to the CCCC” email which will be sent out January 14th. That message will give more detailed info as to your student’s first class/registration and any other important info we feel you should know prior to our first meeting.
We are so excited about our upcoming season! We hope you can join us for some amazing music making. We are always in awe of what these young people are able to do in such a short amount of time.
Thank you for all of your continued support of the arts in the lives of your young people and our community!
If you would like to be informed when registration opens each season, please sign up for our email list by sending a message to: