One of the ways we are able to provide opportunities for our singers to “develop musicianship and experience musical excellence” is in providing many varied opportunities to perform. We do this through concerts, community events, special performances and touring.
Spring 2016 Highlights:
Over 250 young people from 10 ensembles joined forces for our 4th Annual Collaborative Choral Festival. Not only did we get to sing with guest conductor Rosanne Lamb, but also got to meet and sing for composer Marta Keen. She composed our closing theme song of the concert:
Spring 2015 Highlights:
How Can I Keep From Singing
Six local charter schools joined the CCCC for the 3rd annual Children’s Choir Festival! It was a held once again at UNLV’s Artemus Ham Hall on May 16th.
This project was funded, in part, by a grant from the Nevada Arts Council, a state agency, and the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency.
Spring 2014 Highlights:
For the Beauty of the Earth Festival
We invited local charter schools to participate in an afternoon long musical collaboration and ended the evening with a fantastic concert at UNLV’s Ham Hall.
Southwest States Tour
Over 40 CCCC members sang their way through Nevada, Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico in April. It was an amazing experience and the best tour we have EVER taken.
Some Highlights of 2013:
CCCC on NBC
CCCC was invited to perform with Kelly Clarkson onstage for the final number of the 2013 Christmas Special, Kelly Clarkson’s Cautionary Christmas Music Special – to watch it, click here. Our part is near the end of the story. Our singers got to experience working with professional musicians on and off the stage. They worked with RAab Stevenson, vocal coach and so much more to many stars, and had to opportunity to do a recoding session in a professional recording studio. The singers also got to act as extras on set as part of the show. The kids were amazing both in their talent and their professionalism – they wowed everyone who met them.
Fall 2013 was filled with fun performance opportunities
All CCCC Ambassadors were invited to sing the National Anthem at a Las Vegas Wrangler’s Hockey Game. December 2nd, select Ambassadors from Crescendo sang with the Las Vegas Philharmonic at the Reynolds Hall in the Smith Center, while Cappella singers caroled in the lobby as a pre-show.
Our premier Children’s Choir Festival was amazing
Spring 2013 season and its ending festival were like no other. May 18th we presented our first ever Children’s Choir Festival, hosted by the Clark County Children’s Choir and held on the UNLV Campus. Dr. Bruner, our guest composer, conducted a special workshop with all the participating choirs in this year’s festival. He also directed two of his own pieces, “A Song to End All War,” and the world premier of, “An Irish Blessing” during the evening’s concert. To learn more about Dr. Brunner, please visit his website, davidbrunner.com.
In 2014 we will be taking a Western States bus tour – through Arizona, Colorado, Nevada and Utah – singing as we go!
- Kelly Clarkson’s NBS Christmas Special, 2013
- Las Vegas Philharmonic Holiday Special at the Smith Center
- Las Vegas Wranglers – National Anthem
- CAT International Concention
- Academy of Country Music Awards with Little Big Town
- Madam Tussaud’s unveiling of Celine Dion wax figure
- Sunrise Children’s Hospital
- Clark County Fair
- CCSD All-City Choral Festival
- Heritage Festival Las Vegas – received top ratings (Superior/Gold)
- Heritage Festival Anaheim – received top ratings (Superior/Gold)
- Heritage Festival Chicago – received top ratings (Superior/Gold)
- Heritage Children’s Choir Festival NYC, NY
- Community holiday festivals and events
- UNLV Children’s Choir Festival at Ham Hall
- Background vocals for local recording artist
- Vocal recording and arranging for national children’s organization
- Guest Choir at 12th Night Bell Choir Festival
- Concerts at Whitney and Clark County Libraries
- National Anthem performance at Pres. Barack Obama Political Rally
- National Anthem performances around the valley
- Performances at local conventions
- MDA Labor Day Telethon 2011
- St. Jude’s Annual Fundraising Gala
- Sgt. Pepper Live show at the Las Vegas Hilton
- CATerpillar World Mining Convention
- Toys for Tots Las Vegas
- SWETT Wounded Warrior’s Performance
- Best Western World Convention
- Hosted Children’s Choir Festival for local choirs
- World Premiere of commissioned work by Dr. David Brunner (Central Florida University)
We will continue to look for opportunities for our singers to develop their “musicianship and experience musical excellence” including opportunities to travel to various music festivals and now through hosting our own Choir Festival in Las Vegas at UNLV’s Ham Hall, giving this opportunity to many other singers throughout Southern Nevada.